Monday, October 4, 2010

For a variety of reasons, I supported GPal as a vendor, and trusted them to collect campaign donations.

I became curious at the complete dearth of donations or donation notices from that organization.

When someone I trusted mentioned he'd donated twice and I observed I'd seen money nor notice neither time, my trust was substantially eroded.

Rightly or wrongly, I can no longer sustain faith in this organization, much as I might like to. As a direct result of this loss of my trust, I must recommend that any and all persons who have contributed using the donation page (now disabled) contact GPAL, their bank, and if you believe it appropriate, Washington State Attorney General Robert McKenna.

Rob McKenna
Washington State Attorney General
P.O. Box 40100
Olympia, WA 98504-0100
(360) 753-6200

I don't have answers to my questions, let alone yours. I am, to put it mildly, saddened by this turn of affairs.

If you wish to contribute at this late date to the campaign, please mail your contribution (under $500, any sums bringing the total contribution to in excess of $5,000 to be returned to the donor), including the state mandated name/address/phone number/employer/occupation the old-fashioned way to:

Reluctantly Republican
5946 38th Ave SW
Seattle WA 98126

I will, on the other hand, wholly understand if you wish to take a pass at this point.

Best of Wishes,

Ray Carter
Seattle, WA

No comments:

Post a Comment